Re: Important CIF items for discussion

Dear Colleagues,

   Allowing a dictionary to be the value of a tag is a reasonable
extension of the range of possible URI's for dictionaries, but
to avoid ambiguities we need to include such tag-located dictionaries
within the DDLm import paradigm, so that we know precisely where
within the composite virtual dictionary the tag-located dictionaries
should be placed.

   With respect to the use of \; to allow embedded text fields within
text fields, we need to deal with the long-standing use of \; as
ogonek, and other existing uses of \.  Rather than continue flagging
special treatment of text fields in context, I would suggest
adding the syntax and semantics of a dictionary text field as
a DDLm data type.