Fast track dictionary definition and update procedures now in place

  • To: "Discussion list of the IUCr Committee for the Maintenance of the CIFStandard (COMCIFS)" <comcifs@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Fast track dictionary definition and update procedures now in place
  • From: James Hester <jamesrhester@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:31:06 +1000
Dear COMCIFS members,

Thanks to Brian M's hard work at the IUCr, we now have all elements of the fast track dictionary definition suggestion and approval procedure in place.  Anybody wishing to suggest a definition to COMCIFS may do so by going to http://www.iucr.org/resources/cif/dictionaries/new-item

The request is passed from this webpage to the COMCIFS chair and to the chair of the relevant DMG, if a particular dictionary has been specified.  Brian has also included the ability to track the progress of such proposals in the web interface.

One of the final steps in the workflow is to notify COMCIFS of the dictionary update, which I will do in a separate email to aid those searching the IUCr email archives.

James.