Re: Report on activities

Dear David,

Thanks for bringing me up to date with the ACA discussions.  I'm glad that you and Ilia are actively dealing with the restraints/constraints dictionary, and I am concerned that the new symmetry dictionary has bogged down.  Regarding DDLm, I agree that your efforts are best directed to actually writing a core dictionary, and the questions that arise in the process of doing that can be discussed in the DDLm group (as you have been doing).  I remain optimistic that the detail that we are getting bogged down in is soon to be resolved.  John W is of course right that the key value of the dictionaries is in the definitions, although the machine-readable aspect will become more valuable with the dREL methods.

all the best,
James.