Suggestions for microsymposium topics for IUCr 2023

Dear COMCIFS and core DMG,
(Apologies for the cross-posting, I wanted to get as wide a coverageas possible)
COMCIFS has been invited to submit ideas for microsymposium topics andkeynote speakers at the IUCr 2023 meeting in Melbourne. This timearound we have also been granted a representative on the programcommittee, who would participate either remotely or in person inMelbourne, or maybe Prague, in April this year. I suggest turning ourminds to whom to nominate (doesn't have to be a member of thecommittee) after we've discussed our favoured topics and potentiallycoordinated with CommDat. The timeframe for this discussion isunfortunately rather short given the IPC schedule, so I suggest weallocate a week to discussion of potential topics and then see aboutnominations. Note that I will not be nominating to be the IPCdelegate.
Let's start the ball rolling by discussing possible MS topics. We didnot put forward anything of our own for the most recent congress inPrague, so the time is ripe for some quality CIF discussion. As inprevious years, topics which overlap with other commissions andcommittees have a better chance of proceeding, with CommDat being theobvious potential co-proposer, but CIF being CIF our work is relevantto most commissions.
A topic I'd like to propose as a conversation starter is:
=========Integrating CIF into the new world of data standards
Blurb: In recent years many scientific disciplines and organisationshave started putting serious resources into data standardisation.These efforts increasingly overlap with areas for which CIFdictionaries already exist, challenging us to find a way forinformation contained in CIF archives and dictionaries to beintegrated into other standards efforts.
Examples of talks that might appear in this symposium would include:1. Interoperating NeXus and CIF2. Managing CIF IP issues for CIF reuse3. How standards effort <insert name here> uses CIF4. Integrating CIF into the semantic web=========
Looking forward to hearing your ideas and feedback!