Precise format for _audit_support.funding_organization_DOI

  • To: Distribution list of the IUCr COMCIFS Core Dictionary Maintenance Group<coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Precise format for _audit_support.funding_organization_DOI
  • From: James H via coreDMG <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 11:37:17 +1100
  • Cc: James H <jamesrhester@gmail.com>
Dear Core DMG,

You may recall we recently added the audit_support category. It has been noted [1] that, unlike other DOI datanames, _audit_support.funding_organization_DOI explicitly requires the DOI resolver component (https://doi.org), thereby forming a URL. Therefore, we need to explicitly state whether or not the data name value should encode special characters (e.g. %20 for space), or whether that is up to the user. As I believe this data name may already be in use, can any users state their preference?

thanks,
James.

[1] https://github.com/COMCIFS/cif_core/issues/275