[Imgcif-l] Mini CBFlib available

Dear imgCIF list,

I'm not sure where exactly to post about this so I guess here will do,
as CBFlib is the reference implementation for imgCIF.

I have recently created a "slim" version of CBFlib to simplify
bundling it with applications that might just want CBF read/write
functionality. This is currently available at
https://github.com/jamesrhester/CBFlib in branch "small". Note that
the repository itself is just a copy of the main CBFlib repository at
https://github.com/yayahjb/CBFlib, and so if a "small" version is
deemed useful it is possible to add that branch to the main
repository. The slim version removes all example programs,
documentation, and all HDF5 + regex functionality from CBFlib.

My main purpose in doing this was to allow Julia software to
read/write CBF files via CBFlib, but not require separate CBFlib
installation. The Julia package making this possible is called
"CBFlib_small_jll" and is now available through the usual Julia
mechanism, and should run wherever Julia runs (Windows/Mac/Linux). For
example use in Julia, see
https://github.com/jamesrhester/ImgCIFHandler.jl/src/cbf_image.jl

James.