Re: [Imgcif-l] Adding references to external files to imgCIF

Dear Colleagues,

  I propose the following plan of action to get James' changes into the
cif_img dictionary

  0.  In both the yayahjb cbflib active branches:  main and CBFlib-0.9.7-devel,
bring
the currently posted cif_img_1.8.5 dictionary up to an agreed level (which
will be
called 1.8.6 if there are any changes) and make one last CBFlib 0.9.6
release with
that as the default dictionary
  1.  Merge the current CBFlib_0.9.7-devel branch into main
  2.  Make that the default release in yayahjb

If nobody objects, I plan to post the necessary pull requests and releases
this weekend.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 5:10 AM James H <jamesrhester@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> to the point that these new data names are merged into the official
> version of the main dictionary, given that no issues have been
> identified.
>
> Meanwhile, in order to facilitate use of automated DDLm checking tools
> on data files using imgCIF data names, I have now generated (1) a
> direct translation of current version 1.8.4 into DDLm (2) a direct
> translation with added external data pointers to DDLm in a separate
> "journals-extension" branch. Both of these currently exist as pull
> requests on the https://github.com/COMCIFS/imgCIF repository, which is
> intended to hold the DDLm version of the imgCIF dictionary. Anyone is
> most welcome to comment on these pull requests of course, but I
> emphasise that they simply use a different dictionary language for
> defining the same data names, and therefore should have no
> implications for current imgCIF/CBF usage.

> best wishes,
> James.
>
> [1] pull request at https://github.com/yayahjb/cbflib/pull/39
> [2] https://github.com/jamesrhester/ImgCIFHandler.jl
>
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 16:38, James H <jamesrhester@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Over a year later I have now written up definitions in DDL2 for
> inclusion in imgCIF. The full definitions are at the Github issue (
> https://github.com/COMCIFS/imgCIF/issues/7). Please have a look and
> provide feedback here or there. Note that I have added datanames for
> specifying that the images are contained within compressed archives. I've
> checked a few known sources of images (proteindiffraction.org, zenodo, a
> uni repository) and this scheme seems to cover those bases. If you have
> time, please have a look at your favourite open archive of raw data to see
> if this scheme is sufficient for you to specify a particular image in that
> archive.  I've reproduced the examples from the definitions below.
> >
> > Of course, in a perfect world we would just give a DOI but those days
> are not yet upon us due to landing pages. Happy to be corrected on that.
> >
> > best wishes,
> > James.
> >
> > Examples
> > ========
> > #  The frames are contained in a single HDF5-format file accessible
> > #   at https://zenodo.org/record/12345/files/tartaric.h5. An array of 2D
> > #   images is found at HDF5 location /entry1/detector1/data
> >
> >      loop_
> >     _array_data.array_id
> >     _array_data.binary_id
> >     _array_data.external_format
> >     _array_data.location_uri
> >     _array_data.external_path
> >     _array_data.external_frame
> >     1 1 HDF5 https://zenodo.org/record/12345/files/tartaric.h5
> /entry1/detector1/data 1
> >     1 2 HDF5 https://zenodo.org/record/12345/files/tartaric.h5
> /entry1/detector1/data 2
> >
> >  #  Frames are contained in individual Smart6000 Bruker-format files

tar.bz2