Gas flow sample heating?

  • Subject: Gas flow sample heating?
  • From: "John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 09:41:50 -0400

I am working on an idea for using heated N2 as means of heating up a
small polymer sample for WAXD and/or SAXS. I am considering this approach
because I would like to reorient the sample freely and I wish to minimize
the blockage of diffracted and scattered and scattered rays. The approach
would be analogous to what the biological people do for their single
crystal structure work. I would like to be able to go as high as 200 deg
C or so.

I'm virtually certain that this has been done before and I would
appreciate any references that sa_scat subscribers could provide.

Thank You

Dr. John D. Barnes               email: john.barnes@nist.gov
Natl Inst of Stds and Tech       Voice: 301-975-6786
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8544        FAX: 301-975-4977
Gaithersburg, MD 20899             URL: http://www.nist.gov/sas