Extended deadline for ACNS Conference

  • Subject: Extended deadline for ACNS Conference
  • From: "Dr. John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:36:43 -0500

This message was submitted by Paul Butler. Please address any questions
or comments to him at the address given below.

By now I'm sure you are aware of the inaugural American Conference on
Neutron Scattering being held in Knoxville TN in June this year.  The
program is shaping up quite nicely and we are looking forward to an
exciting meeting.

Two points that I'd like to bring to your attention:

1) the deadline for abstract submission which was today March 25, has
been extended till Thursday March 28 due to the APS being last week.

2) There is money available for travel support for students, postdocs and
young faculty.  Application should be made via the website at
www.sns.gov/acns.  It is not necessary to give a presentation in order to
receive a grant particularly if the technique is new to the applicant.
However if relevant work has been done an abstract is encouraged.

As a reminder (in case you've managed to miss the various "adverts" for
the conference), the ACNS is being organized by the Neutron Scattering
Society of America (NSSA), in conjunction with the SNS-HFIR User
Group (SHUG), in response to requests from its membership.  The
ACNS will be sponsored by all of the national neutron centers and will
highlight developments at the SNS.  We are structuring the program to
showcase recent scientific results in neutron science in a wide range of
fields, including soft condensed matter and liquids, biology, magnetism,
engineering materials, chemical spectroscopy, crystal structure, and
elementary excitations.  In addition, the conference is intended to
fulfill many of the objectives of a facility "users' meeting" but on a
national scale.  The schedule and other useful information can be found
at the conference web site at:  http://www.sns.gov/acns

Paul Butler

                            Paul D. Butler

Paul Butler