3D-modelling vs. p(r)

  • Subject: 3D-modelling vs. p(r)
  • From: Anders Eikenes <anderse@ife.no>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:14:07 +0200 (METDST)
Hi!

I'm a newcomer to the world of sas, using the technique for studying
biological macromolecules in solution.

Now I'm only modeling using simple geometrical 3D models, which are
transformed to theoretical scattering intensities, incorporating the resolution
function. The theoretical intensities are then fitted to the data to
extract the parameters describing the model.

I wonder if anyone could comment on the advantages (if there are any) of
using indirect transform methods to obtain the distance distribution
function p(r), and then evaluating the 3D models to p(r) to obtain the
model parameters.

If anyone has an opinion or a reference describing the advantages,
I'd be glad to hear!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Anders Eikenes

!-----------------------------------------------------------------------!
!                 ANDERS EIKENES                   			!
!				               				!
!  E-mail: eikenes@phys.unit.no or  anderse@ife.no		 	!
!    Work: Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Vaccine R&D		!
!	   Po. Box 4404, N-0403 Oslo, Norway, Tel. +47-22042211		!
!      Or: Institute for Energy Technology, Physics Department		!
!	   Po. Box 40, N-2007 Kjeller, Norway, Tel. +47-63806081	!
! Private  Etterstadsletta 13B, N-0660 Oslo, Norway	  		!
!  adress: Tel: +47-22675609						!