U. S. Dept of Commerce Gold medal to Glinka and Majkrzak

  • Subject: U. S. Dept of Commerce Gold medal to Glinka and Majkrzak
  • From: "John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:07:43 -0500
On Dec 7th 1999 Charles J. Glinka and Charles F. Majkrzak will be awarded
the U. S. Deprtment of Commerce Gold Medal. The citation for this award
reads "For leadership in the development of the world's best combined
cold neutron measurement probes for the nanoscale structure of
macromolecular materials and thin films."

Many members of this listserver have benefitted from their efforts.
Please join me in congratulation them upon the occasion of thisw
recognition. I hope that some of you will forgive the "World's Best"
hyperbole as simply being part of the form for such things :).
..

Dr. John D. Barnes               email: john.barnes@nist.gov
Natl Inst of Stds and Tech       Voice: 301-975-6786
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8544        FAX: 301-975-4977
Gaithersburg, MD 20899             URL: http://www.nist.gov/sas
  or http://polymers.msel.nist.gov/staff/detail.cfm?SID=110