All ten crystallographic nomenclature reports by the Commission published in Acta Crystallographica are now online at: http://www.iucr.ac.uk/iucr-top/comm/cnom/index.html.
- Nomenclature of Polytype Structures. Acta Cryst. A40 (1984), 399-404,
- Nomenclature for Crystal Families, Bravais-Lattice Types and Arithmetic Classes. Acta Cryst. A41 (1985), 278-280,
- Nomenclature of Inorganic Structure Types. Acta Cryst. A46 (1990), 1-11,
- Statistical Descriptors in Crystallography. Acta Cryst. A45 (1989), 63-75 and Acta Cryst. A51 (1995), 565-569,
- Definition of Symmetry Elements in Space Groups and Point Groups. Acta Cryst. A45 (1989), 494-499,
- Symbols for Symmetry Elements and Symmetry Operations. Acta Cryst. A48 (1992), 727-732,
- Nomenclature, Symbols and Classification of the Subperiodic Groups. Acta Cryst. A49 (1993), 594,
- Atomic Displacement Parameter Nomenclature. Acta Cryst. (1996), A52, 770-781,
- Structural Phase Transition Nomenclature. Acta Cryst. A54 (1998), 1028-1033
Online availability of the nomenclature reports of the IUCr and its sister organizations is expected to ease the difficulty many working scientists have in accessing recommended nomenclature that previously was available only in print. This Webpage also provides hotlinks to the nomenclature resources of the Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (Home of the SI system of units), IUPAC (International Union of Pure & Applied Chemistry), ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Technical Committee 12: Quantities, units, symbols, conversion factors, and IUPAP (International Union of Pure & Applied Physics) Commission on Symbols, Units, Nomenclature, Atomic Masses and Fundamental Constants (SUNAMCO) among others.
S. C. Abrahams