[SA_Scat] 17 years of scattering-related information onlookingatnothing.com

  • To: "sa_scat@iucr.org" <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Subject: [SA_Scat] 17 years of scattering-related information onlookingatnothing.com
  • From: "Pauw, Brian Richard via sa_scat" <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:52:10 +0000
Dear fellow scatterers,
Over the last 17 years, a wealth of small-angle scattering information has grown on the https://lookingatnothing.com weblog. This might be useful to those who are just starting out in the field, but also to those who have been scattering for far longer than I have.
Some of this information eventually landed in Publications<https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/publications>, such as the extensive data correction investigations and the round robin experiments (the last one of which is available here: https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/archives/3841).
A lot of the information, however, remains solely on the weblog. Some recent highlights include:
  *   Information on how we managed to double the efficiency of our lab instrument: https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/archives/3451  *   Developing a high-resolution, wide-range Fourier transform for SAXS/WAXS/PDF simulations: https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/archives/3544  *   A talk on how to extend high-throughput scattering with lab automation for holistic experiments: https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/archives/3844  *   An initial look at squid "bones": https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/archives/4065  *   Advice for synchrotron beamtime applications: https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/archives/3876  *   Our ongoing current efforts to transform our instrument into something... radically different: https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/archives/4053  *   Some interesting efforts of our ancestors: https://lookingatnothing.com/index.php/archives/3600And many, many more, with new posts appearing approximately every 1-2 weeks.
If you are interested in any of these topics or if you found any of this information useful, please do not hesitate to drop me an email.
Other than that, have a nice weekend and I hope to see many of you again at SAS2024<https://www.sas2024.tw/>!
All the best,

Brian.
--If you have received this e-mail ourside of working hours please be assured that there is no expectation that you will reply to it outside of your normal working pattern.
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM)
Dr. ir. Brian R. Pauw6.5 - Synthesis and Scattering of Nanostructured Materials
Unter den Eichen 8712205 BerlinGERMANY
Phone: + 49 30 8104-3361E-mail: brian.pauw@bam.de<mailto:brian.pauw@bam.de>
___BAM is a senior scientific and technical federal institute with responsibility to Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action.Our mission: safety in technology and chemistry. For more information, visit https://bam.de.
Subscribe to our newsletter: https://bam.de/newsletterFollow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BAMResearch
Information regarding the handling of personal data at BAM can be found in our data protection declaration at https://bam.de/datenschutz.