Terms of Reference
Approved by action of the IUCr General Assembly, 8 August 2002
- To strengthen links and interactions among mineral, inorganic and materials scientists and between these scientists and the crystallographic community.
- To promote the presence at the IUCr meetings of scientists working in 'inorganic-crystallographic' and 'geoscience-crystallographic' institutions.
- To present at the same meetings common aspects of the inorganic structures independently from their natural or synthetic origin.
- To favour the historical influence that mineral structures have played on developing inorganic materials of technological interest.
- To promote and encourage the publication of inorganic and mineralogical papers in the Journals of the Union.
- To promote the development and dissemination of methods, computing programs and databases of interest for the inorganic crystallographic community.
- To promote and organise symposia of interest to the inorganic community on the occasion of the IUCr meetings, also in cooperation with other Commissions.
- To promote and organise workshops and schools of interest to the inorganic community, also in cooperation with other Commissions.