Terms of Reference
The Commission on Powder Diffraction was established at the Perth Congress in 1987, with the following terms of reference:
- To advise the IUCr in organizing or sponsoring meetings, schools and Congress sessions on powder diffraction and related subjects.
- To promote and coordinate scientific exchange between countries in the field of powder diffraction.
- To cooperate with other IUCr Commissions on matters concerning powder diffraction.
- To cooperate with other international bodies interested in powder diffraction and allied subjects.
- To promote useful interactions of the IUCr with the large world-wide body of X-ray and neutron powder diffractionists.
- To promote the scientific growth and development of the field of powder diffraction.