Re: Backus-Naur Form for CIF

Dear Colleagues,
  May I request some time to carefully review Nick's BNF.  This is a very
important document which will be used by many software developers.  I
would like to suggest that we follow an orderly process:

  1.  The document with its recent corrections should be posted to an IUCr
page for comments and suggestions by not only the COMCIFS membership, but
by appropriate interested technical consultants, for at least 30 days.

  2.  If significant changes are made, the clock should be restarted until
a stable version has been posted for at least 30 days.

  3.  Then we should vote.

I for one will not be able to make the necessary rigourous tests (i.e.
using this BNF with real programs) until I am back from England in
October.

****                BERNSTEIN + SONS
*   *       INFORMATION SYSTEMS CONSULTANTS
****     P.O. BOX 177, BELLPORT, NY 11713-0177
*   * ***
**** *            Herbert J. Bernstein
  *   ***     yaya@bernstein-plus-sons.com
 ***     *
  *   *** 1-631-286-1339    FAX: 1-631-286-1999