CIF atoms

I will probably regret asking such a niaive question, but do all
atom sites in a loop have to belong to the same connected molecule?
I can see obvious advantages if they do, but can someone point to
a specification or ruling? Thanks
--
Owen Johnson  Systems Group, Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre
12 Union Road, CAMBRIDGE CB2 1EZ UK  Web: http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk