IUCr Congress - Florence

	Although many of us have hardly finished unpacking from Geneva,
the Computing Commission of the IUCr is currently making plans for
workshops and satelite meetings for Florence in 2005.  It is not too early
for us to be thinking if we should be organizing a program on CIF - a
satelite meeting, workshop, microsymposium, open commission meeting etc.
perhaps in conjunction with one of the commissions.  Two areas that we
might consider are: future directions for CIF, and selling the CIF to the
community (directed either at software producers or end users).

	Does anyone have any suggestions that they would be willing to
follow up?  Now is the time to get our foot in the door.

				David Brown
				COMCIFS Chair

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown@mcmaster.ca