Re: Provence and property rights

My apologies for the prior message without its intended text.  What
I had intended to say was:

In most jurisdictions, the format of a copyright notice is prescribed
by law.   Fortunately, copyright can exist without a valid notice, but
failure to format the notice correctly can have an inpact on the
damages recoverable in an infringement case.  See for example

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#fnv

This means that the prescribed loop, while useful is not likely
to be sufficient, and for the moment, authors are best advised
to continue to use a comment early in the text of the CIF for
their formal copyright notice.
   -- Herbert