Denver conference on Digital Scientific Libraries

  • To: "Discussion list of the IUCr Committee for the Maintenance of the CIF Standard (COMCIFS)" <comcifs@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Denver conference on Digital Scientific Libraries
  • From: David Brown <idbrown@mcmaster.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:53:38 -0400
I was recently invited to give an account of our experiences with CIF at
a workshop in Denver on International Scientific Data, Standards and
Digital Libraries.  I came away with a number of ideas about how CIF
does or does not fit in with what is going on in the rest of the world
and I have summarized these in the attached report.  You might find
these ideas interesting in preparation for our meeting at the IUCr
Congress in Florence in August.

David Brown

DenverReport.pdf

begin:vcard
fn:I.David Brown
n:Brown;I.David
org:McMaster University;Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research
adr:;;King St. W;Hamilton;Ontario;L8S 4M1;Canada
email;internet:idbrown@mcmaster.ca
title:Professor Emeritus
tel;work:+905 525 9140 x 24710
tel;fax:+905 521 2773