Re: Agenda for closed COMCIFS meeting

Dear Herbert,

I agree that the agenda is full, but all the items are important.  I am
hoping that items 1 and 3 can be dealt with expeditiously and will not
delay our other discussions.  I don't know how long Westbrook and Berman
intend to take with their presentation and what sort of discussion the
expect it to stimulate but I would encourage them to keep it as short as
possible.  This should leave plenty of time for item 4.  I think Hall
will need to take a little time to walk us through starDDL but it will
provide a good introduction to the important discussion of the future
direction of CIF.  This meeting will be the only opportunity we have for
an open discussion on this important topic (most of the other items
could, if necessary, be handled by email).  I intend to keep the
discussion focussed with one eye on the clock so that we can cover the
whole agenda and end the meeting with a clear idea of the direction in
which we are headed.

David
begin:vcard
fn:I.David Brown
n:Brown;I.David
org:McMaster University;Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research
adr:;;King St. W;Hamilton;Ontario;L8S 4M1;Canada
email;internet:idbrown@mcmaster.ca
title:Professor Emeritus
tel;work:+905 525 9140 x 24710
tel;fax:+905 521 2773