Re: CIF2 syntax document for COMCIFS approval

To add to Herbert's comments, you can view the record of the elision
discussions at the thread starting at:

http://www.iucr.org/__data/iucr/lists/ddlm-group/msg00234.html

and an earlier discussion around:

http://www.iucr.org/__data/iucr/lists/ddlm-group/msg00106.html

The latter message includes quite a few previous emails from that
thread so may be a useful place to start.

James.