Re: CIF2 syntax document for COMCIFS approval

Dear Ralf,

   You have read the current document correctly -- the use of escapes
within quoted strings was not agreed to, and therefore was not included
in the change document.  While I would hope that some future version
would include such a feature, for the moment, you need to use the
treble quotes for strings that include single quotes.  I would suggest
accept the CIF2 document as it now stands, and then work with towards
a more complete CIF 2.1.

   Regards,
     Herbert