Re: 2010 COMCIFS annual report - request for information

In mid 2010, a long-standing issue in the use of imgCIF as a format for
the Dectris Pilatus-6m detector was resolved. Until then, Dectris was
writing a stripped down mini-CBF format header.  Now they offer the
capability of writing fully imgCIF dictionary compliant headers via new
templating software written by Eric Eikenberry.

Conversion from imgCIF to HDF5 format was demonstrated at the "HDF5 as
hyperspectral data analysis format" workshop at ESRF in January 2010.

CBFlib, the software support library for imgCIF has seen sharply increased
download activity in the past 2 years.  In 2008, there were only 152
downloads from the sourceforge site.  In 2009, there were 1349 downloads
and in 2010, there were 1555 downloads.

In addition to the source releases at sourceforge, CBFlib is
available as a Debian package
(http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/cbflib-bin), as an Ubuntu
package (http://packages.ubuntu.com/hu/lucid/science/cbflib-bin),
and is pending adoption by Fedora once a PyCifRW license issue
is resolved.