Twinning dictionary has been approved by coreDMG

  • To: "Discussion list of the IUCr Committee for the Maintenance of the CIF Standard (COMCIFS)" <comcifs@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Twinning dictionary has been approved by coreDMG
  • From: James Hester <jamesrhester@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:34:52 +1100
  • DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113;h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;bh=uyZQO3jWgqX9ZRRNrlljLhrei1YQ9kP68NGegNr06ZM=;b=ZpNGX0Zz/v9LvQKC2I/cnrZOvaX1fAF9+NfZ+CdBqUHxUtQ//oRoRmKGkbpAd5m93CSGyIXCjtQSeJOVcKVaqX68YCJuA9fjR+DnHxkNgBEBd4OqKJowXQma7RdV5SISGrIEnWVAO/sxgfeMRF8lRrvgBOchBL5xaqCjUaDUUW8SU9DhYWoR2W5s27TwV86yKTpn7uc4OhGQsxubWs9ZSM2Fe7WviRoFcZEnbm/Ay8q1IUldK1JO7VscASu6g+Rkn9EyThE3xru2MRjomi96aoNcNBzPUAtZFzEqdveen0CzmMLbQ6Vah6Xko7gokWWmaDngdMDJbpBOQUHyMYcAAA==
Dear COMCIFS members,

The core dictionary management group has approved a twinning dictionary for use with the core CIF dictionary (attached). I am advised that there is no need for COMCIFS to approve add-on dictionaries, so this post is essentially informational.

I have attached the dictionary to this post. It may also be viewed at the following link:
https://github.com/jamesrhester/twinning-dic/blob/master/cif_twinning.dic

and exploration of that repository will provide some insight into the stages that the dictionary went through on the road to acceptance.

Once this dictionary has been posted to the IUCr website, it will become official.

James Hester
COMCIFS chair.

cif_twinning.dic