RE: CIF-JSON draft standard
- To: "Discussion list of the IUCr Committee for the Maintenance of the CIFStandard (COMCIFS)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: CIF-JSON draft standard
- From: "Bollinger, John C" <John.Bollinger@STJUDE.ORG>
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 13:06:49 +0000
- Accept-Language: en-US
- authentication-results: iucr.org; dkim=none (message not signed)header.d=none;iucr.org; dmarc=none action=none header.from=STJUDE.ORG;
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=SJCRH.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-stjude-org;h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version;bh=9ohC0fZIeODNBgi9HFB2tAUoCqCWjR/OU9xFyKiifMY=;b=MJvWd7gULQWmKNxm8F/N0rYEx86dmnrMl2MshE0GA613/24PSDUy1PwQoQCk6o0jYYIUgYg6buFlixwgol5d5Mx6tgkIY0a0GabnQQzDtZP97+8JRnxN8/dxzBIN60Cd45RssU3Bq7ARfkFrRjI26pz5iiakwKLk8GCXEnov8es=
- In-Reply-To: <CAM+dB2c7NHTdeWnK3-XPMAKeMpzaEDRKVB2RpWiS4CbhftvJemail@example.com>
- References: <CAM+dB2c7NHTdeWnK3-XPMAKeMpzaEDRKVB2RpWiS4CbhftvJfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Dear James and Colleages,
I am satisfied with the current CIF-JSON draft, but I am uncertain what the significance of COMCIFSâ€™s approval would be. Why are we considering this step?
John C. Bollinger, Ph.D.
Computing and X-Ray Scientist
Department of Structural Biology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
(901) 595-3166 [office]
From: comcifs [mailto:email@example.com]
On Behalf Of James Hester
The cif-developers mailing list has developed a standard for expressing CIF information in JSON form. The resulting draft is available at https://comcifs.github.io/cif-json .
The discussions around the development of this standard are available in the cif-developers archive: http://www.iucr.org/iucr-top/lists/cif-developers/
If no substantial issues are raised here in the next 6 weeks, this standard will be considered to have been approved by COMCIFS. Any substantial change to the standard will be routed through the cif-developers list (which anybody may join) before being returned here for final approval. I propose that the approval period is reduced to 3 weeks for any subsequent drafts.
James Hester (chair)
T +61 (02) 9717 9907
Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer
Reply to: [list | sender only]
- Re: CIF-JSON draft standard (James Hester)
- CIF-JSON draft standard (James Hester)