RE: Rough agenda for COMCIFS open meeting August 8th 16:45 in room516e . .

Dear COMCIFS members,

I was looking at the draft of the DDLm-format Core dictionary that James pointed us toward, and I find that it does not comply with the CIF2 format we approved (as I understand that).  It has at least these issues:

1. As a trivial matter, it does not start with the *required* CIF version comment.

2. As a somewhat more serious matter, it uses incorrect list and table syntax throughout (specifically, it delimits list elements and table items with commas instead of with whitespace).

3. As a very serious matter, it relies on nested save frames.  I can and have prepared a revised draft with the above issues fixed, but I am uncertain about the correct fix for this one, for CIF 2.0 as we approved it does not support the semantics the file seems to be trying to express.

I have not checked the DDLm-format mmCIF dictionary, but I suppose it will have the same issues.

John