RE: Rough agenda for COMCIFS open meeting August 8th 16:45 in room516e . .
- To: "Discussion list of the IUCr Committee for the Maintenance of the CIF Standard (COMCIFS)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: Rough agenda for COMCIFS open meeting August 8th 16:45 in room516e . .
- From: "Bollinger, John C" <John.Bollinger@STJUDE.ORG>
- Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 22:08:55 -0500
- Accept-Language: en-US
- acceptlanguage: en-US
- In-Reply-To: <CAM+dB2e_WP61p0ELDNrJ59bGgFPgKVi6nf=Nr_Hfcy_xafEknQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAM+dB2e_WP61p0ELDNrJ59bGgFPgKVi6nf=Nr_Hfcy_xafEknQ@mail.gmail.com>
Dear COMCIFS members,
I was looking at the draft of the DDLm-format Core dictionary that James pointed us toward, and I find that it does not comply with the CIF2 format we approved (as I understand that). It has at least these issues:
1. As a trivial matter, it does not start with the *required* CIF version comment.
2. As a somewhat more serious matter, it uses incorrect list and table syntax throughout (specifically, it delimits list elements and table items with commas instead of with whitespace).
3. As a very serious matter, it relies on nested save frames. I can and have prepared a revised draft with the above issues fixed, but I am uncertain about the correct fix for this one, for CIF 2.0 as we approved it does not support the semantics the file seems to be trying to express.
I have not checked the DDLm-format mmCIF dictionary, but I suppose it will have the same issues.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
On Behalf Of James Hester
Dear COMCIFS members,
0. Introductory comments (J Hester)
1. Report on CIF-NeXuS interaction (H Bernstein)
2. Discussion and possible approval of new data citation data items (B McMahon)
3. Dictionaries under construction: magCIF (J Hester or B Campbell if available)
4. Plan for next triennium (J Hester)
- managing CIF2/DDLm introduction
- funding request to IUCr executive
- interactions with DDDWG
5. Report on meeting with IUCr executive (if anything to report) (J Hester)
6. Any other project updates (CIFAPI? wwPDB?)
7. Discussion, hopefully leading to decision: "that all new dictionaries accepted by COMCIFS use DDLm, and that COMCIFS updates existing dictionaries to DDLm as soon as possible."
8. Any other business
(1) Herbert may wish to supply links to background material
(2) See my previous email today
(7) The Perth group has been busy producing draft DDLm versions of the DDL1/2 dictionaries for your ontological pleasure. All current COMCIFS-administered dictionaries have been completed and may be perused at https://github.com/COMCIFS/cif_core. The ddl.dic file found in that directory contains the definitions of the DDLm attributes themselves. As a rough plan, DDLm dictionaries for which DMGs are functioning will be passed through those DMGs for approval before becoming official.
Feel free to discuss (7) on this mailing list ahead of time.
Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer
_______________________________________________ comcifs mailing list email@example.com http://mailman.iucr.org/mailman/listinfo/comcifs
Reply to: [list | sender only]
- Prev by Date: Re: Rough agenda for COMCIFS open meeting August 8th 16:45 in room516e
- Next by Date: Re: Rough agenda for COMCIFS open meeting August 8th 16:45 in room516e . .
- Prev by thread: Re: Rough agenda for COMCIFS open meeting August 8th 16:45 in room516e
- Next by thread: Re: Rough agenda for COMCIFS open meeting August 8th 16:45 in room516e . .