[High-pressure-crystallography] New Crystallography Beamline at Diamond-II: SUPPORT NEEDED, DEADLINE TOMORROW

Dear High Pressure Crystallography Colleagues

*** You may have also received this through other routes - apologies for multiple postings ***

The Diamond synchrotron in the UK is planning to upgrade to the Diamond-II low-emittance machine.

As part of this, there is a bid to build a new high-pressure crystallography beamline called NExCUBe - see attachment. This will replace the current I15 and be entirely complementary to I19.

NExCUBe will have beam diameters of 30, 1 and 0.3 microns, and will be optimised to work at 30 keV. It will be ideal for ultra-high and mid-pressure work, as well as ambient P crystallography from micro-crystals.

We need as many statements of support as possible for this project, particularly from those not in UK for  whom such a beamline would attract them to Diamond-II.

Your statement of support can be submitted at:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dLonnQABDU2B_x1yja6N9sORn9fQKRxBrdwp3-jvXxFURTZRTU9VM1I2VVZEVEVFS1hJTlNHUThISi4u

Note, NExCUBe is the 2nd option - "Crystallography - New nanofocus extreme conditions undulator beamline (NExCUBe)"

The deadline for submitting statements of support is TOMORROW (20th November)

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Malcolm

--
Malcolm I. McMahon FRSE

Phone: +44 (0)131 650 5956
Fax:   +44 (0)131 650 5902
Web:   www.mimcmahon.com

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.