[SA_Scat] New canSAS working group: SESANS Reproducibility

  • To: "sa_scat@iucr.org" <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Subject: [SA_Scat] New canSAS working group: SESANS Reproducibility
  • From: Gregory Smith - STFC UKRI via sa_scat <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:10:50 +0000
  • ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=passsmtp.mailfrom=stfc.ac.uk; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=stfc.ac.uk;dkim=pass header.d=stfc.ac.uk; arc=none
  • ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901;h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1;bh=sSF8f7Bbof8a+SPCjEr9qOKFxirPJIkczVdRe1HjLRM=;b=O9Q3vzuI8jppiJ4gM7/muCdxPPUk43unReUn4x9aQy1Mjs1pPAW1hI4ozh5AFRvp0NiqzKMWgI7QahgSb0SUkmuXwgD8GfyLJEvQ61MdLb+XCCgmTC7lyhIopCN9K3tjfAP371k3Mgr4eNEWYDTuVU2ANqRq8nkCx7l+9nUFhRrnn3geWQMaIslZJRqLUIvriZtPg+OuGJ1DdILWl/tHxct2CA+xRvHJhI28Bw2ML9kpPkIZDNVZSHK/OYLtA8v2ugVah6mb27cB5PVTSQMsp8SkzTHqDYqK7Nt+Exd6LQuqhG56NM68B1zH3PfA/SOicJ6AhNXvwvd/Sh8JfoOrxA==
  • ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none;b=Bf9jAuZQSqfvEwmoCZtEt9U2k11HTAlcXxxUVyIs//kmNx/6Yi99Rv+4UGNsv+6k0ibLGU7zE0KEiSVD7g2AI3PExryBTG+/nEtJTEhN0tCQlWO4R5BnX8HKi7VvRAubZ2twuufhgBFNY4oZbXql48qKlXb6mMkLXUzmHA8/pnFp7TMYvG7YrfCXOrnTdeg97N5WUqxyGruDHjBfrRU74F1mznMfVOX4NZecaolzTWb4GSrVuk3aDgs9Aabin3GqTw/Fjy2C1zfVDJl8YJ8jpliN2rVXe9Ov+r8VQZ8vc+sqthEQZbHnkAw7uA9ZjRCgNcQyZzFPQxvZAhnFQFwxuA==
Dear all,

Spin-echo small-angle neutron scattering (or SESANS) is a variant of SANS that uses the Larmor precession of polarised neutrons to study the structure of materials over length scales larger than those accessible by conventional SANS (comparable to USANS), and in real space.

SESANS instruments have the same need for reliable and reproducible measurements that any other small-angle scattering instrument does. To address this, we have formed a new subgroup of the canSAS Reproducibility and Reliability Working Group to focus on “SESANS Reproducibilityâ€.

The mission of the group is to achieve SESANS measurements that are the same, independent of the instrument used. We will discuss possible standard calibration samples for SESANS as well as general issues of reproducibility between instruments.