[SA_Scat] Small-angle Scattering Seminar Series from the AdvancedPhoton Source

  • To: "'sa_scat@iucr.org'" <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Subject: [SA_Scat] Small-angle Scattering Seminar Series from the AdvancedPhoton Source
  • From: Stephen King - STFC UKRI via sa_scat <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:39:33 +0000
  • ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=passsmtp.mailfrom=stfc.ac.uk; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=stfc.ac.uk;dkim=pass header.d=stfc.ac.uk; arc=none
  • ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901;h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1;bh=Zwun0Nz1WJbK5n4ZuxrmPWNSGvhs3XNJb+zKMKLU4nc=;b=F6fZJTNBc2J5/4xDowxKvnj9OCmrQzkk6E1AFu0Mg10a5cuDqrGbPMh6SJPNF5IdVnnYrRgNk9XrSk9ZYPLef4SttJNpWDHFr5VeybB/d2VOSv8UrDdjtbKbjp31CSHjHEKQ3kqxFg3KTsIN3cRQf5OJjsq3yN6zLfKUkuyaeZmZ/Jzg9C9WOvbNL13g8pPaweHURGMBliyN642wQDNo3R6bl1ZLdx3mUzNQyhy2b15vMG4ux07yyLQE8Ch6zBVQaEvdW6JZtvFVLr9mpCjdLa2iN1UOnxOTQ8n2ab602UcwUEg4Iywd84IsOxv8ehvPAYy6keZD/erOmbALCPPtcg==
  • ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none;b=Jwz04L7gNc2nfiz2xagfp2qKkTU6voVwDMRe4QkCthH8Sr49On2UxrHEq8OEZnw5fSCUTwrBLTdj5F8rlrlq+P05RxesDL/z9/2HMnOPDIPU1IY9YmbSqZHRib8oH8uCvnTUiC/g3raDJPbh5Q6Mso8ufA8RG12J/7Xk9m1AdNJ17WWLq75YUnAGj6Bc219+aqeIn8u+lsmBcN1Yvxi4EyMNRcfvj1Tw8AvfCQWqB4p8QzArOVk7lWS+ScCQeSjTTOseWxGWCryu9pappHBmQ/u6arzbLxGmtO9BHS8doUwDLMZgZ2ZmMIzxEj39JAfiCzB5X8aPQhvEblF0T8Mc0Q==
Dear SAS researchers,
On behalf of the chair of SAXS-SIG (SAXS-Special Interest Group) at Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), I would like to invite you to our new monthly seminar series, Small-angle Scattering Seminar Series, starting from Jan 19, 2022. SAXS-SIG was created to promote awareness of small-angle scattering facilities at Advanced Photon Source (APS) and elsewhere at ANL to foster communication between various research groups. Now we would like to broaden our scope beyond ANL and to most of the SAS users and researchers around the world. In doing so, we are starting this monthly seminar series where researchers, using SAS in their research, will be invited to share their research, experiences, and new ideas regarding the development of SAS.
As you might already know that Advanced Photon Source will go to shut down for a year or so for its upgrade which is scheduled to begin on April 17, 2023. During this period APS-SAS Users will be looking for alternate SAS facilities for their research and experiments. As a starting point of the Small Angle Scattering Seminar Series, we are organizing a series of facility talks keeping in mind the urgent need for the APS SAS Users community. The facility talks will be focused on providing a brief overview of all the SAS facilities and their capabilities at various Synchrotron and Neutron sources in the United States.  The talks will also touch upon the ways by which our users can get access to these facilities. The finalized schedule of the first few facility talks are:
Jan 19, 2022, Wed 11 am (CST)  Richard Gillilan, CHESS, Cornell University
Jan 26, 2022, Wed 11 am (CST)  Thomas Weiss, SSRL, SLAC
Feb 9, 2022, Wed 11 am (CST)    Mikhail Zhernenkov, NSLS-II, BNL
Feb 16, 2022, Wed 11 am (CST) Cheng Wang, ALS, LBNL
Feb 23, 2022, Wed 11 am (CST) William Heller, SNS, ORNL
The details and schedule of these talks and the future talks of the Small-angle Scattering Seminar Series will be available on our SAXS-SIG webpage: https://small-angle.aps.anl.gov/seminars. To participate in the Small-angle Scattering Seminar Series, please enroll in our small-angle subscriber's email list here: https://mailman.aps.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/small-angle, if you have not subscribed already.
The talks under Small-angle Scattering Seminar Series will be organized remotely over the ZOOM platform, the link of which will be sent to the subscribers a week before the talks.
Also, I would like to take this opportunity to ask for your help in spreading this information to your colleagues and as many SAS users as possible such that we can make the Small-angle Scattering Seminar Series a global platform to share leading-edge research and development based on SAS.
Look forward to seeing you, your colleagues on ZOOM on Jan 19, 2022. Also, do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding this seminar series.

Mrinal Kanti Bera, PhDNSF's ChemMatCARSUniversity of Chicago9700 S Cass Ave Bldg 434DArgonne, IL-60439United StatesPhone: +1-630-252-0472
This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses.