[SA_Scat] Vacancy for Assistant/Associate/full Professor SoftMatter Research with Neutrons

  • To: "sa_scat@iucr.org" <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Subject: [SA_Scat] Vacancy for Assistant/Associate/full Professor SoftMatter Research with Neutrons
  • From: Wim Bouwman - TNW via sa_scat <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 07:36:07 +0000
  • DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 amavis DE49140262
Pharma, polymers, food and chemistry heavily rely on soft condensed matter for innovations. At TU Delft we apply the latest technology to better understand these materials, with research topics ranging from health to energy. As a Professor in the Radiation Science and Technology (RST) Department you will use the cutting-edge instrumentation of the TU Delft Reactor Institute to develop research into soft matter. Join us as an Assistent, Associate or Full Professor, depending on your seniority level and experience.
You will develop your vision and unique research lines geared to the topics within RST's scope. To explore our instruments' full potential, you'll work closely with our technicians. And as your research encompasses physics, chemistry or biology, you'll also collaborate with other departments at TU Delft and other universities. Building your network and attracting funding, you will write research proposals in which instruments like small-angle neutron scattering (SANS), neutron reflectometry and spin-echo SANS are used to their full extent.
In addition, you will be building your team of PhD candidates and postdocs, whom you will supervise to completion. You will also teach Bachelor and Master students, assist with and supervise their measurements and calculations, and support them with their thesis projects. Our driven team of seven Full Professors, five Affiliate Professors, nineteen Associate/Assistant professors, fifteen postdocs and some fifty PhD candidates will be your home base. You will find a friendly, collaborative and supportive environment, in which we welcome your ideas and help you evolve and grow your academic career.