In-House X-Ray Equipment

  • Subject: In-House X-Ray Equipment
  • From: "John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:58:31 -0400

Please Address replies to the original sender of this message
Sender: Steve Swinnea <swinnea@che.utexas.edu>
Subject: Laboratory System

Hi,

The Texas Materials Inst. at The Univ. of Texas is looking into the
purchase of an in house x-ray system.  We're considering pinhole
geometry for use in polymer systems and metal nanoparticle colloidal
systems.  We'd like to be able to work in both in transmission mode
and somehow work in a goniometer to be able to do reflectivity
studies.

Do such geometries exist?  What is the possibility of putting together
such a system?  Do any manufacturers have the expertise to build such
a system?  We've identified film characterization as being important,
but bulk studies are almost as important.

Steve Swinnea  (swinnea@che.utexas.edu)
X-ray Scattering Facility
Texas Materials Institute