Congratulations to Dick Stein

  • Subject: Congratulations to Dick Stein
  • From: "John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:34:46 -0400
While pagiong through the most recent MRS bulletin I was suprised to see
that that Dick Stein is scheduled to receive the Materials Research
Society's von Hippel Award for 1999. The award will be given on 1
December 1999 at 6 pm in Salon E of the Boston Marriott Hotel. I urge
those of you who are in Boston for the MRS meeting to attend that session
and hear Dick Talk on "Studies of Polymers with Radiation."

Dick's involvement with scattering methods to characterize polymeric
materials has always been a dominant theme in his career, which spans
more than 50 years.

Those of us who have had occasion to work directly with Dick or who have
benefitted from his involvement in many other activities of the
scattering community have always found him to be more than willing to
give of himself to advance the cause of our science. I have always found
him to be a genuinely nice guy as well.

This award is richly deserved. I hope that everyone in the scattering
community will join me in extending congratulations to Dick on this happy
occasion.
..

Dr. John D. Barnes               email: john.barnes@nist.gov
Natl Inst of Stds and Tech       Voice: 301-975-6786
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8544        FAX: 301-975-4977
Gaithersburg, MD 20899             URL: http://www.nist.gov/sas
  or http://polymers.msel.nist.gov/staff/detail.cfm?SID=110