A New Career for Jill Trewhella?

  • Subject: A New Career for Jill Trewhella?
  • From: "John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:32:50 -0500
Usually when Science Magazine publishes fiction it is inadvertent. In the
10 December 1999 issue, however, the editors published three pieces of
science fiction/fantasy from an essay competition "Visions of the
Future." One of the winner turns out to ne our own Jill Trewhella, aided
and abetted by her husband, Don Parkin.

I won't spoil it for you by describing Jill's story and I invite each of
you to decide for yourselves whether she is the next Isaac Asimov. In any
case, Jill, it was fun to see your byline there :).
..

Dr. John D. Barnes               email: john.barnes@nist.gov
Natl Inst of Stds and Tech       Voice: 301-975-6786
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8544        FAX: 301-975-4977
Gaithersburg, MD 20899             URL: http://www.nist.gov/sas
  or http://polymers.msel.nist.gov/staff/detail.cfm?SID=110