[SA_Scat] Postdoctoral position in automation for reflectometry atliquid surfaces

  • To: "sa_scat@iucr.org" <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Subject: [SA_Scat] Postdoctoral position in automation for reflectometry atliquid surfaces
  • From: Karen Edler via sa_scat <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 16:13:30 +0000
  • ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=passsmtp.mailfrom=chem.lu.se; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=chem.lu.se;dkim=pass header.d=chem.lu.se; arc=none
  • ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901;h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1;bh=dazIzdrNSbbY9RT7tnzHlzlUfiqkGP93FjUdU3q0cEk=;b=cNKP4Y3lxWR7IIG3ZsluqHGBF+/sPaKmcaBGhO8LhVomPrXugg7PNDPNUpNQ2b0mb92s1pwkXRXBUzg1v+UExogzj8Tw6jxPnkzuCFQWKT4I8/PWUW/bdRyrJCFxk65rWwCwN3DmnmyVRmvUBOEp6hPlZCvrkrQIAHO7w4q1wGTgzRwTIYhjk+PBvmoTdO5crAR3zv8sPowrDZ5ZqHzVsaXt4Jr0LenUFUOydSp7r8PpxeoA2DOFo7bIfV5mU9XxjuxgZGi7pZhbhYUZ33gZunnL1W+paCiuZa6ZHvMwJMNbyj+3zosX0ZaFbe7VflHsgYZ/QfaZQkx5gx75FGeNyQ==
  • ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none;b=iLXffdiexKtOjxC8WKTuVtOrrOkQ4WaXtY+ePjY9Ud+Esq3tA4BIKGOgLXug2YMkiFMYc6kIUwk3pLzj3cXVD+CU4Ym6qGPTveoPr2/GLb9nnsX89f1FfN0WYZc4WLT5xptm3rAASLCh65vEMLXDNqGPnmucpNs+IdVG0bH53aFzFrzNEeMdrAgfHyhbMu3lQD8WakIp7pNFofWDxC31WkLF8HxKdIS39aEnkgdKGf18a/BMJj4cU3quPMnr/IY8xSNxt9ysJXNYMW2+SM8ee9DNfplZWr8t7n5AEmRW701LAsgrE9UUI+5gj0e61Sl3T0ZYDO5tauiSi05nri3opQ==
Dear All

We have a 3 year postdoctoral position which may be of interest to some on this list, to join a collaboration between Lund University, ESS, DESY (Hamburg) and the University of Kiel, where we aim to develop automated sample changers for neutron and synchroton X-ray reflectivity experiments. We want to study the adsorption of surfactants to the interface in deep eutectic solvents in order to better understand emulsification and self-assembly in these novel green solvents, and neutron reflectivity will be a key technique for these studies. Deuterated solvent components for neutron studies are expensive, so we want to be able to reproducibly load and remove small volumes of these viscous fluids. We also expect that the new ESS neutron source will allow us to measure many more samples in a shorter time. We therefore want to build automated sample dispensers, and trough changers to improve our sample throughput (and let us get more sleep!). We will work with the technical team at the ESS, and our collaborators in Germany to design and build these new sample changers, and to explore amphiphiles at the interface in deep eutectic solvent solutions.

If these challenges appeal, please apply for the Postdoctoral position in automation for reflectometry at liquid surfaces: https://lu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:700818/
Closing date 12th March 2024.

Please circulate to anyone who might be interested.

Regards
Karen