The 75th anniversary of the IUCr – refresh of vision and values
Happy Birthday to the IUCr, which marks its 75th year in 2023! To celebrate this momentous occasion, crystallographers around the world are invited to participate in a refresh of the IUCr’s vision/purpose and values.
The world has changed dramatically over the last 75 years and continues to change at a rapidly increasing pace. We need to be ready to change with it.
Now is the time to acknowledge our past, celebrate our achievements and plan for our future. We want your input on what the IUCr should aspire to be, and where the IUCr should focus its attention.
How? When? Where? And What?
- An online survey will be conducted in early 2023. Look out for your invitation to take part.
- The outcomes of the online survey will feed into an in-person workshop scheduled for 22 August 2023 at the IUCr Congress in Melbourne. The workshop will develop a draft vision/purpose statement and draft IUCr core values.
- The draft vision/purpose statement and draft core values will be presented as recommendations for endorsement at the General Assembly in Melbourne.
- The draft recommendations will be made available for comment by the IUCr community for a short period after the Congress and then a final recommendation will be endorsed by the Executive Committee.
- The IUCr’s refreshed vision, purpose and values will underpin the IUCr’s future strategy/mission, planning, policies, priorities and milestones.
Watch your inbox for news of the survey, and if you are joining us for the Melbourne Congress, don’t forget to express your interest in the workshop on Tuesday 22 August (1pm – 4pm). We look forward to gathering your thoughts and opinions on the IUCr.
Professor Jenny Martin AC FAA is a Member of the IUCr Executive Committee.
Note from the IUCr
An invitation to complete the survey will be sent to everyone in the World Directory of Crystallographers (WDC). If you are not registered in the WDC or believe your details to be out of date, please register here or update your entry here.
Some of the WDC web pages have recently been updated to have a more modern look and feel. Additional functionality has also been added, such as the ability for registrants to edit individual sections of their personal details (see example below).
Copyright © - All Rights Reserved - International Union of Crystallography