Terms of Reference
In 1966 the Moscow General Assembly authorized the Executive Committee to proceed with the formation of a Commission on Crystal Growth. This Commission was subsequently formed in December 1966, with the following terms of reference:
- To consider and establish contacts with associations or national commissions concerned with work on the different kinds of crystal-growth studies
- To prepare periodically a list of studies carried out in the laboratories specializing in crystal growth, and to give information to laboratories working ont he subject only occasionally
- To encourage and to take part in the production of monographs, textbooks and films for teaching on crystal growth, and to investigate existing means
- To participate in the organization and planning of symposia on crystal growth
- To cooperate with organizations like the International Conference on Crystal Growth and the International Mineralogical Association
To reflect the expansion of the scientific interests of the Commission into the field of materials research related to crystal growth, the name was changed to Commission on Crystal Growth and Characterization of Materials at the Ottawa General Assembly in 1981.