Re: Fwd: COMCIFS minutes

Hi James,

I do not believe that we agreed to the following with respect to DDL2 -

... It was agreed that any new dictionary submitted for COMCIFS approval should have a canonical DDLm version. This would not
preclude development of a dictionary using DDL1, but the reference version upon acceptance would be DDLm ...

Until lossless software translation of dictionaries is possible then I do not think that this is
a reasonable requirement.

John

On 8/28/14, 9:39 PM, James Hester wrote:
> Dear COMCIFS,
>
> Please find attached some draft minutes from our meeting in Montreal.  Would those who were present please check them and advise
> Brian or myself of any errors or omissions.
>
> thanks,
> James.

John Westbrook, Ph.D.
RCSB, Protein Data Bank
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
174 Frelinghuysen Rd
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8087
e-mail: jwest@rcsb.rutgers.edu
Ph: (848) 445-4290 Fax: (732) 445-4320