IUCr journals news
IUCr Journals Open to SESAME
As part of the celebrations of the International Year of Crystallography 2014, the International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) is pleased to support the SESAME project by providing free online access to IUCr Journals for the period 2014 to 2016, inclusive. This will allow access to
- Acta Crystallographica Section A: Foundations and Advances
- Acta Crystallographica Section B: Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials
- Acta Crystallographica Section C: Structural Chemistry
- Acta Crystallographica Section D: Biological Crystallography
- Acta Crystallographica Section E: Structure Reports Online
- Acta Crystallographica Section F: Structural Biology Communications
- IUCrJ (a new open-access high-influence journal launched in 2014)
- Journal of Applied Crystallography
- Journal of Synchrotron Radiation
Full details of these journals can be found at http://journals.iucr.org.
On receiving the news from the IUCr, SESAME Scientific Director, Giorgio Paolucci, commented 'On behalf of the SESAME community, I am very grateful to the International Union of Crystallography for providing access to these journals. I am sure that at this point in time scientific programs at SESAME will benefit greatly from this generous opportunity.' Samar Hasnain, Editor-in-Chief of IUCr Journals, added 'The availability of these nine journals to the SESAME staff as part of the International Year of Crystallography activities is a positive contribution from the Union to this very special project.' Chris Llewellyn Smith, President of the SESAME Council, said 'SESAME greatly appreciates and needs the goodwill and support the project is receiving from round the world, at a time when political turbulence in the Middle East is making scientific collaboration across borders harder but even more desirable'.