CYCLOPS version 2
CYCLOPS (Hall, 1993; Bernstein & Hall, 1998) was written specifically to address the problem of validating CIF data names. Its use extends beyond simply identifying data names in a CIF data file and checking that they are defined in a dictionary. Any ASCII file may be input, allowing for the checking of CIF data names in any text documents or program source.
If you wish to install and use this software you should download the most up-to-date version from the above Web site. The links below are to copies which are suitable for browsing or for use if the primary Web site is not available. However, they may be out of date and lack the full functionality of the latest version.
- compressed C-shell archive (cyclops.cshar.Z)
- compressed shell archive (cyclops.shar.Z)
- individual source files
This is version 2.1.4 of May 1997. The software is under active maintenance and a revised version is envisaged to accommodate the CIF 1.1 specification.
Language and platform
The software is written in Fortran77 and should compile and run in a command-line environment on any common operating system with a suitable Fortran compiler.
- Installation: The application requires CIFtbx. It is provided as part of the standard distribution of CIFtbx and may already have been installed when the library was installed. If not, copy the selected archive (cyclops.cshar.Z or cyclops.shar.Z - only one is required) into the parent directory of the ciftbx.src directory that stores the CIFtbx source files. In this directory, uncompress the selected archive and execute it with the C or Bourne shell as appropriate. Unpacking the archive creates a source directory; change to this and make the library.
cp cyclops.shar.Z /x/y/base
- General information: README file (HTML format)
- Summary of use: Reading, Writing and Validating CIFS using CIFtbx2, cif2cif and Cyclops
Terms and conditions of use
Copyright in the software © the authors.
Authors: H. J. Bernstein and S. R. Hall
Bernstein, H. J. & Hall, S. R. (1998). CIF applications. VII. CYCLOPS2: extending the validation of CIF data names. J. Appl. Cryst. 31, 278-281. Software available at http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/software/ciftbx/cyclops.src.