vcif2 is an extended version of vcif, the syntax checker for files in CIF format. vcif2 will verify compliance with CIF 1.0, CIF 1.1 or mmCIF file formats. vcif2 will also accept an arbitrary list of layered DDL1 and DDL2 dictionaries against which units, enumerations, parent-child relationships and category integrity will be checked. It is implemented as the example program cif2cbf in the CBFlib distribution, and may be accessed through a Web interface if desired.
If you wish to install and use this software you should download the most up-to-date version from the above Web site. The links below are to copies which are suitable for browsing or for use if the primary Web site is not available. However, they may be out of date and lack the full functionality of the latest version.
- Unix gzipped tar archive of CBFlib CBFlib_0.7.8_28Jul07.tar.gz
- Unix gzipped tar archive of additional software to build Web validation page
- Unix gzipped tar archive of vcif version 1.2.2 (for use in Web validation page)
vcif2 is distributed as part of the CBFlib package. The library is under active development. Bug fixes and requests for enhancement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language and platform
The software is written in ANSI C and should compile and run in a command-line environment on any common operating system with an ANSI C compiler.
- Download CBFlib, and, if required, vcif version 1.2 and the web page software from the links above
- Compile CBFlib using 'make all' and copy bin/cif2cbf to a directory in the user's PATH (e.g. /usr/local/bin)
- Compile vcif version 1.2 using 'make' and copy vcif to the same directory in which cif2cbf was installed
- Copy all .dic files from vcifHTML/dicts/ in the directory with cif2cbf and vcif
- edit vcifHTML/up.php to reflect the correct paths of all files
Terms and conditions of use
Copyright in the software © the authors
Authors: Georgi Todorov, Kostatin Mitev, Herbert J. Bernstein
This version of vcif is distributed under the GNU General Public License.