Core CIF dictionaryThe core dictionary is a set of data names designed to cover the requirements of archiving and exchanging raw and processed data and derived structural results for single-crystal small-molecule and inorganic crystal studies.
Current official release
Ongoing development of the core dictionary using the DDLm dictionary definition language can be viewed on GitHub.
- Core CIF dictionary (DDLm version)
- Core CIF dictionary (legacy DDL1 version to track data names added since the last official release)
- DDLm dictionary
- Version 2.4.4 of 20 May 2014
- Version 2.4.3 of 16 May 2012 (differs from version 2.4.4 only in the article codes listed in _publ_requested_category)
- Version 2.4.2 of 29 June 2010
- Formatted pdf version [Updated version of Chapter 4.1 of International Tables for Crystallography Volume G: Definition and exchange of crystallographic data, First edition (2005)]
- Differences between versions 2.4.3 and 2.4.2
- Version 2.4.1 of 29 June 2010
- Version 2.4 of 10 March 2008
- Version 2.3.2 of 27 March 2007
- Version 2.3 of 4 October 2002
- Version 2.2 of 11 January 2001
- Version 2.1 of 24 March 1999
- Version 2.0.1 of 20 January 1997
- Version 1.0 of 20 September 1991
Work in progress
The working discussions of the Core Dictionary Maintenance Group, a COMCIFS subcommittee responsible for the maintenance of the Core dictionary, may be reviewed for indications of current areas of evolution within the dictionary.
Updated 23 June 2022